WIPP Spring Fling 2013
Coldest Night of the Year
St. Christopher House Annual Volunteer Party
Steve Paikin and Bev Moir, Brain Injury Association of Canada Organizing Committee Pool Party
Becel Heart & Stroke Ride
RNFOO Past Presidents at 2008 Gala
Past Presidents: Sue Williams, Beverley Moir, Beverley Simpson, Ann Hawkins, Shirley Avery and current President Dorothy Ferguson.
A Midsummer Night’s Run For the Sick Kids Hospital (Awards)
The men’s 30km winners
A Midsummer Night’s Run For the Sick Kids Hospital (After)
This 81 year old completed the 15km.
A Midsummer Night’s Run For the Sick Kids Hospital (During)
Some of the many volunteers
A Midsummer Night’s Run For the Sick Kids Hospital (Before)
Meaghan prepares for her best 15 km run
Career Talk at Loretto College School
Outline for my presentation to Lina Difelice’s Career Study classes at Loretto College School, March 19, 2007
The Entrepreneurial Personality
Martha Stewart Living
The Entrepreneur Test
Most Common Characteristics of Entrepreneurs
Free Agent Nation
101 Best Home-Business Success Secrets for Women (Paperback)
The Rise of Women Entrepreneurs: People, Processes, and Global TrendsResources
Women in Business
The New Age of Female Entrepreneurship
Toronto Public Library
- History of the Internet
The inventor of the computer mouse
The World Wide Web
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
View Page Source
Blogging Tulip Girl Go Fug Yourself Bat Girl
Meals-on-Wheels and Cross Country Skiing
- Starting my second year as Treasurer of the Registered Nurses Foundation of Ontario. October 1, 2006
- Donated a website as a Silent Auction prize at the RNFOO Gala. It was purchased by First Stage Enterprises Inc. who used it to train 6 employees in Outlook 2003. May 3, 2006
- Donated a 3 hour IT training session as a raffle prize at the RNFOO Gala. It was won by Sara Lankshear of Releve Consulting who subsequently purchased a website. May 3, 2006
- Presentation to Lina Difelice‘s Career Study classes at Loretto College School, January 26, 2006
- St. Christopher House, Financial Advocacy & Problem Solving (FAPS), Income Tax Preparer, Jan-April, 2006.
- Built the Hawaiian Oyster Odyssey Website for the Brain Injury Association of Canada.
- Peter Kent Political Campaign, volunteer, December & January 2005/6.
- St. Christopher House, Meals-on-Wheels, delivery, December 25 & 31, 2005.
- United Way Campaign at Scotia Bank, Volunteer Photographer for Fashion Show, November 2, 2005
- St. Christopher House, Photoshop Instructor, Saturdays, September – December, 2005.
- Terry Fox run, Rosedale-Moore Park (Toronto), registration volunteer, Sept 17/18, 2005
- The Registered Nurses’ Foundation of Ontario – Board Member & Finance Committee Chair, 2005/6
- Nabuur Volunteer
- Blood Donor
- St. Christopher House, Community Sweep Participant, June 1, 2005.
- Bell Walk for Kids Help Phone, Participant and Fund Raiser, Toronto, May 2005. Thanks to my many friends I was able to raise over $1,400 for the Bell Walk for Kids Help Phone this year. My thank you email.
- St. Christopher House, I was part of a volunteer team that painted the Community Centre in the basement at 248 Ossington on Sunday, April 3, 2005.
- St. Christopher House, Meals-on-wheels, delivery, Easter Weekend, 2005.
- Presentation on entrepreneurship and website development to Lina Difelice Career Study classes at Loretto College School, March 9, 2005
- St. Christopher House, Financial Advocacy & Problem Solving (FAPS), Income Tax Preparer, Jan-April, 2005.
- St. Christopher House, Meals-on-Wheels, delivery, December and January 2005.
- St. Christopher House, Community Learning Network Launch, Camera Operator, January 2005.
- St. Christopher House, Urban Planning Survey, October-November, 2004. I participated with 5 students from the University of Toronto in a survey in the Parkdale neighbourhood of Toronto. They are studying for a Masters degree in urban planning. The results of the survey were given to St. Christopher House to help them to understand the evolving needs of the citizens in the neighbourhood.
- St. Christopher House, Community Sweep Participant, Sept. 2004
- St. Christopher House, Photographer, Toronto, July, 2004
- Toronto’s First Post Office, Photographer, June 2004
- Bell Walk for Kids, Photographer, Fund Raiser, Toronto, May 2004
- Board of Directors, Canadian Association of Family Enterprise (CAFÉ-Montreal, 2002-2004
- Board of Directors, Royal Montreal Golf Club, 1991-93
- Centraide (United Way-Montreal), Corporate fund raiser, 1990-92
- Board of Directors, Montreal General Hospital, Budget Committee, 1989-90
- Quebec Liberal Party, Membership Committee, Montreal, 1983-85
- Board of Directors, National Building Materials Distributors Association, Chicago, 1973-75
- President, Canadian National Building Materials Distributors Association, Toronto, 1973 & 1981
- Board of Directors, Canadian National Building Materials Distributors Association, Toronto, 1971-1982
- Scouts Canada, Leader: Beavers and Cubs, Kirkland, QC, 1974-1981
- Coach and Mentor, of adolescents in hockey, baseball, and golf â€“ Montreal, Qc, 1970-87
- Committee Member, Allancroft Home and School Association, Beaconsfield, Qc, 1974-79
- Member, Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) Montreal, Qc, 1970-9
Outlook training at First Stage Inc.
The great team at First Stage Inc. who had the confidence in me to bid for the website I donated to the RNFOO as part of their Gala Silent Auction. They decided to use the time for Outlook 2003 training. “I hope the training helped you to impress your clients even more.”
My friend Sarah Evans, founder of Sarah Evans Writes
I’m helping Sarah build her e-zine called Living Beyond: “Living your best with a Diagnosis.”
Bev Moir and Bev Simpson
Bev Moir and Bev Simpson, past Presidents of the Registered Nurses’ Foundation of Ontario (RNFOO) at the 2006 RNFOO Annual Fundraising Gala in Toronto, May 3. They conspired to volunteer me for a three year term as treasurer.
St. Christopher House FAPS Income Tax Volunteers
St. Christopher House Financial Advisory and Problem Solving (FAPS) Income Tax Return volunteers 2006. We completed 15 tax returns together on Tuesday, March 7.
Wikipedia Beginners’ Workshop
St. Christopher House
Friday, February 24, 2006, 5-6pm
Presented by Ron Foreman
What’s a Wiki?
Where to find Wikipedia?
Some Wikipedia statistics
How it works?
Wikipedia tightens rules after Kennedy flap
About the Founder
The Wikipedia Mission: Imagine a world in which every single person is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That’s what we’re doing.
Wikipedia’s sister projects
Wiktionary, Dictionary and thesaurus
Wikibooks, Free textbooks and manuals
Wikiquote, Collection of quotations
Wikisource, The free library
Wikispecies, Directory of species
Wikinews, Free content news source
Commons, Shared media repository
MetaWiki, Wikimedia project coordination
St. Christopher House Wikipedia Presentation
Presentation on Wikipedia at St. Christopher House